Sunday, October 24, 2010

Why are you sad , my dear ?

Jai Gurudev !!



Why are you sad , my dear ?


It was one bright sunny morning , just before the onset of the afternoon. Time to refresh and go for a coffee break  at the office cafetaria. 

Sitting with a colleague of mine over the coffee table ,  relishing the first sip of the aromatic coffee , freshly ground in the Coffee machine , was indeed refreshing . Just after a few sip , my sight took a leap and caught hold of something unusual , outside in the garden area.  

There sat perching on the branch of a wide spread tree , a lovely green colour parrot . Was just admiring the beauty of the Creation and my eyes sticked on to the beautiful bird for some more moments , completely unaware of the coffee cup getting empty gradually.

 That moment , it striked me that the parrot was all alone and stayed there like a statue , motionless.
Beyond it's beauty , I could sense that something not alright for that tiny creature. 
My colleague's venture to start a conversation on a fresh topic did not distract my attention , which caused her also to take a glance at the rare sight outside the glass window pane.She broke the silence and said , " Hey !A single parrot sitting standstill for a long time !!"

The canteen boy who had noticed this , came to our rescue , to answer to our puzzle.
" Yesterday , a parrot had fell down dead in the garden lawns . Once we spotted that , it was me who disposed it " , said the boy in a husky tone.
Perfect Match ?!

The reason behind the  worry of the aloof parrot became crystal clear.
The poor parrot had lost it's pair , due to which it was reeling under the agony of seperation.


"Oh !! What a pity !! "

Oh ! Where's my love ?

What else can be done from our side , except to feel a moment for the pathetic state of the bird . 
Afterall we live in a so called  busy world !!

Engrossed in the buzz of office activities , the parrot did not come to my mind at all .
Back home, relaxing in the sofa with a cup of tea , slowly the picture of the desperate parrot came alive on my mind screen.

A cluster of words rose up from within in that still, calm and relaxed moment ,

" Be the parrot or a dog or a human being , what difference does it really make , 
when it comes to the pain of seperation of a loving companion ? "

Started to realise the truth , 
" The soul inside seems to sport an identical behaviour though the body that covers it is of multiple variety !!"


Hey ! Our soul is the same as yours !!


Love & smiles..

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not you who serve the Guru...but it's the Guru who serves you !!

Last month we(  me and my husband) had gone to attend my cousin's son's wedding in Chennai. They had booked the train tickets to Ba...