Tuesday, December 12, 2023

It's not you who serve the Guru...but it's the Guru who serves you !!

Last month we(  me and my husband) had gone to attend my cousin's son's wedding in Chennai. They had booked the train tickets to Bangalore, scheduled to leave by 3.30 pm. On the said day my mom, who is in her mid seventies had her train ticket booked at 4.00 pm to Erode .Our plan was to  leave my mom in her train or in her platform , before we board our train , scheduled half an hour earlier to hers. She was carrying a bag, which she would find it difficult to pull it on her own to her platform.

 We found the schedule of our train displayed in the scrolling information board as platform no. 8 .To our dismay , we are finding , only my mom's train is not allotted a platform number till 3.10 pm. And we had to start moving immediately to our train that moment at any cost , if we have to board. Else we were going to miss the train for sure. Meanwhile I had been searching for any of our relatives or known faces, so that I can leave my mom in their custody and they would take care of her boarding .We were continuously keeping a watch on the display board. The platform number of my mom was still not displayed in the display board and I was trying to reach any of our relatives over phone , but could not get one. If we miss our train, then we may have to find any alternate mode of travel like bus in the night . That also would be very difficult as it was a Sunday. 

 The pressure kept on mounting up and we were in a fix. I was really looking if I can do something that moment.But just got stranded in the middle of the station. At that crucial moment , a girl in her twenties appeared from nowhere. She introduced herself as one Divya and said she's going to Coimbatore in the same train my mom was about to travel.She had overheard our conversation from a far place she said and told us , she would guide my mom to the right platform , once the platform is displayed on the board and also said she would  help her carry her baggage too. And she willingly gave her mobile number too and asked me to give a missed call to her phone . She also insisted us to leave immediately to our train.
 
We didn't have any time to think further . Felt as though God/ Guru  has appeared at the right time to help us. Could not thank her enough and we kept rushing to platform no.8 and hardly few minutes were left for the train to start. Our coach was almost at the end of the train and we ran and ran pulling our suitcases . Finally we found our coach and just made an entry , only to find that the train just then started moving.

Oh my God !! We had boarded the train, reaching in the gun time and even a few minutes delay we would have missed the train. By the time , we sat and relaxed in our seats, we were curious about my mom. That very moment, my phone rang . The call was from that girl and she said she had guided my mom to her train and made her to sit in her reserved place . That girl's seat she said was in the adjacent coach.
I thanked her from the bottom of my heart and felt so very thankful to the divine for the timely help received in the most wanted time .

Is this what called as the Grace of the Master or the divine Grace ?!
Is this what called as Feeling the Presence of the Master ?!!
Is this what called as the Guru serving us ?!


It definitely is a Goosebumps moment !!   

Thanks
Suvetha

Jai Gurudev !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not you who serve the Guru...but it's the Guru who serves you !!

Last month we(  me and my husband) had gone to attend my cousin's son's wedding in Chennai. They had booked the train tickets to Ba...