Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ants or Humans ?!

Jai Gurudev !!





I still remember the first time , I happened to catch an electric train at Mumbai , years ago . The reason being , it brought an unusual comparison in my mind screen . Initially  before the arrival of the train the crowd would seem to be scattered all over the station . But once the train arrives and stops at the station , we can see the crowd getting dense near the train entrance doors . And within moments , the train would leave irrespective of whether the whole crowd alighted the train or not.
And the people are seen scattered once the train leaves .
The same thing would repeat again and again  , the crowd getting  dense and sparse  ...
Suddenly it flashed to me , "Is this a crowd of people or a swarm of bees or ants ? "
Normally we used to see the swarm of bees attacking the enemy or the swarm of ants surrounding its prey . 
What a striking similarity !



This type of comparing habit did not stop there . Whenever I come across huge crowd , the same visualisation strikes in my mind , followed by a smile within me.

We see huge gatherings of people in religious places or pilgrimages .Sometimes I wonder how the people would breathe in such a big crowd. Recently we came across the news of the accident in Sabarimala at Kerela , which led to the death of more than 100 people .




On having a glimpse of the crowd in pictures , it flashed in my mind the huge cluster of ants concentrated at one particular point. Both the pictures used to occupy my mind and sometimes it would call for the differences , if any between them . 
A  funny interpretation ofcourse !!






In due course of time , the comparing attitude extended not only to the crowd but also to the individuals.
For instance , watching the man carrying heavy loads , the mind immediately switches over to the ants carrying its food items .







 It is identified that  , an ant would carry twenty times more than its weight itseems.
If at all , I'm given the opportunity to question the ants , I 'd seriously like to ask , " Hey Mr.Ant , what would you do with so much of food tirelessly carried by you , when only a drop of it can satiate your hunger ?" 





And soon I came to realise , 
"Doest not the very same question applicable to a human being ?


An ant collecting and gathering the food throughout the lifetime , not even bothering to taste and relish the food it had collected , if it sounds absurd , 
then what about the man , who sports a similar behaviour or even to a much greater extent , involving corruption , scam etc ?
What is he going to do with all the illegal  material things he had collected  , when his lifetime is too short to even to have a look at it and count it ? 
Is it not quite amusing ?!






Love & smiles....



7 comments:

It's not you who serve the Guru...but it's the Guru who serves you !!

Last month we(  me and my husband) had gone to attend my cousin's son's wedding in Chennai. They had booked the train tickets to Ba...